So many options!

18 November 2011

Floral Redress

After getting off work one day last week, I made a visit to JoAnn's Fabrics in search of some help on my chair project. Since Fall has made her presence very known to my lovely town, I also had in mind of looking for a little something in the floral department that I could use to make my front door look more fall festive.

You might have noticed around this here blog that I tend to gravitate towards the colors of pink and green. Going in to JoAnn's last week, I told myself that I shouldn't buy any florals that are green or pink because those simple were not "fall enough."

In sum, that visit to JoAnn's was a total bust. Not because I walked out empty handed. Instead I walked out with almost exactly what I warned myself not to walk out with--Pink and green florals. Oh, self, what I am going to do with you!

It is all good though, because I went home and had a good ole time re-doing this wreath:


The wreath had a great tenure on my front door but it was time for some updating, a need more evident upon closer look:





Thankfully, though, there were a number of salvage-able flowers left on the wreath that I was able to use in the re-do. Here is what was left after I removed the battle-worn


Not so bad, eh? So I set to work.


In about 30 minutes (minus the time it took to get pictures in between), I had the new beauty ready to rock'n'roll.


Here is the new wreath on the front door. Though it looked quite pretty, I wasn't sure it was fall appropriate and so I made the executive decision that our front door will be festive-less at least for the time being. I flipped around the wreath hanger and now the wreath enjoys a spot on the back of the door for our interior enjoyment.

Kind of a lousy picture. Sorry, folks.

One of the best parts of the new wreath and its hanging arrangement is that we can enjoy it not only from the living room...


...but also as we are coming down the stairs. Oh, the happiness!


What quickie projects have you done lately? Please share!

Linking up today to:
The Shabby NestLovely Crafty Home

shabby creek cottage

round button chicken  Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting--I love hearing from you!