So many options!

07 March 2012

A Long Time in Coming

Do you remember how I told you that I am a garbage person?


Well, I might have some fairy magic in me too. Because lookie how that hot-mess-of-a-chair looks now.



But wait, it gets even better...

               

Ah! I am so glad that I am finished with this project. For those of who have been paying attention to this blog, you'll know that, from start to finish, this was a six-month project for me. Now, in my defense, I was NOT working on this project during the entire six month spread. I didn't touch it for a full and a half months (Thanksgiving through mid-February) because.....well, time just happens.

For those of you new around this blog, here is a quick run through of the past posts on the subject of this chair.


After telling you so much about the chair, I am just going to let the pictures do the talking for a while. Anyways, my fingers are a bit tired after pulling out so many staples...

In Progress:



Finish product (and in its new home: The Living Room)



A few imperfections here and there...oh well!



Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures while making the pillow. It is a very simple design, however. I saw a pillow at Walmart. I liked the way it looked and just kind of "winged it" at the sewing machine. Didn't turn out all that bad, eh? The fabric and the *shiny* pin are from Hobby Lobby. Gotta love that store.

So shiny!

Up-close deets


Though it was a lot of work and demanded a lot of patience and perseverance on my part, I am really happy with the outcome! It is really exciting to have accomplished this (it was my first attempt at reupholstering). I wonder what the garbage dump will give me next!

Linking to:

6 comments:

  1. The trim looks great! And I love the sparkles hahaha

    -Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful transformation.. I am a trash girl too! Love what you can find and make useful! Thanks so much for sharing with the Pink Hippo party.. I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it, AmieAnn--and I am glad to meet another garbage diver like myself! Welcome to the blog, too!

      Delete
  3. Hi! You were the link before me at the Finding Fabulous Linky Party! You did a great job on this chair! Having recovered a chair before, I know how hard it is, so I am so impressed with your end result! Love the fabrics... love everything!

    Thanks for sharing!

    Cheers,
    Julia
    It's Always Ruetten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, Julia! Ah, this chair was a labor of love if there ever was one! I am so happy with the outcome, however, and I learned a ton through the process. I might even do it again one day!

      Thanks again!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting--I love hearing from you!