So many options!

12 March 2012

Next on the Horizon

You will recall that I spent some time last summer prettying up the bed area of my bedroom.


It is quite lovely and I still enjoy this side of the room. But, the time has come to face the music and admit that the other side of the room is less-than-stellar.


I didn't even attempt to "tidy" it up for the picture because, fact of the matter is, it wouldn't do much. There is only so much you can do with a futon, a multi-head floor lamp and miss-matched picture frames. It is still going to scream "College Dorm Room" no matter what the arrangement of the elements.

I have decided that I want to spend as little money as possible in fixing up this space. In other words, I am going to try to work with what I have, fixing up--"maturing," if you will--the elements that I have (e.g. the futon and lamp) with the help of some creativity and elbow grease.

Here is my current list of to-do's:

- Re-furb the 5-headed lamp: New paint job; new bulb covering of some kind
- Futon: Introduce bed skirt in place of fugly faux-locker drawers; figure out a way to re-enliven the mattress
- Recover boring green pillows
- Re-do gallery wall (Possibly paint some frames and replace pictures?)
- Find rightful home for excess crap strewn across area.

First up is fixing up the 5-headed lamp. 


Oooo-ooo! Look at that beauty! I can't wait for it to look like something else. 

I have already begun to work on it. I don't have any good preview pictures. However, here is a picture of the inspiration:

 
Don't be too scared. It is only loose inspiration. Look for the final result later this week! 

2 comments:

  1. Just catching up on your blog and loving it! What creativity and talent :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting--I love hearing from you!