So many options!

15 March 2012

No witty title is coming to me right now

Hey there, everyone!

Just a little note to let you know that I haven't forgotten about you, the blog, or life in general (just covering all my bases..).

I have been a-working hard at that lamp. Had a few "social setbacks" this week (i.e. being social with other people kept me away) which put me behind schedule, but I am not complaining! In the meantime, here are a few pictures of  what I have been up to.


I spent at least an hour wandering around WalMart looking for something, anything for my bedroom (not just the lamp). After all of that time this is what my cart looked like. Do you see what I see? MONOCHROMATIC!! How boring. I looked at this sight and thought, "This will not do. Major fail."

Champagne is a very elegant color, it can't be the only one. So I put back pretty much everything you see there and hiked it over to Target to see if I could do any better. This display greeted me as I walk in.

"Color Changes Everything"
Ahhh, I couldn't agree more! With this kind of welcome, my spirits were buoyed and the spring returned to my step. Alright, Target, let's see what we can do!


Although I didn't buy much at Target, I did see a number of items that sent my brain gears turning. The above lampshades, though simple, have wonderful texture. Not too much, not too little. Just enough to make a statement, be elegant, as well as get the job done as "lampshade". You might be thinking, what is the job of a lampshade other than to shade a lamp? Oh ye of little faith. Every little detail counts!

I walked out of target with neither of the above lampshades. Instead, I bought a boring old white one.

Rawrr!! It's an untameable monster!
 But I have big plans for it.


Like, really big plans.


That is a picture of me beside the lamp. Note: I am 5'10"--this is going to be a statement lamp in more ways than one. I can't wait to show you what I come up with!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see! Looking for lighting options for our play area downstairs....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michele--I can't wait to show you!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting--I love hearing from you!