So many options!

23 November 2011

{Guest Post} Be Merry, Kate!

Alright, everybody, I am very excited to treat you to some lovely blog swapping. Today, I am happy to welcome a dear friend of mine, Kate, of the blog, "Be Merry, Kate." She is so good that she even took care f introducing herself...leaving me with only the need to inform you how much of a treat you are in for today. I will be posting over at her blog space, so take a look..but only after you have read through everything here!



Hello friends! I'm Kate from over at Be merry, Kate. MK and I are friends from college and after a recent visit, she came to me with the idea of swapping blogs for the day. Of course, I jumped at the opportunity!

We decided to both post about our "ideal Thanksgiving table." I could not be more excited about this topic as I just love table settings and honestly, I don't think I could ever decide on just one. I've tried to narrow it down to one general idea... so here we go!

--------------------------------

First and foremost is the centerpiece. This drives the entire table. I'm a fan of simplicity. Busy decor stresses me out. These ideas with turkeys really make me smile. Though, I'd be fine with my sister's famous turkey cake in the middle too.






Next comes the dinnerware.  Again, I think this is where simplicity comes in handy. Neutral dishes not only match the earthy tones of Thanksgiving, they also are very versatile. The ones a above would have to be my favorite as the dinner plate looks just like my own plates {I think it just may be!} The use of chargers are also key to working with neutral dinnerware.






No dream Thanksgiving table would be complete without place cards for the guests.  






And finally a few more little touches to finish up the table to perfection.






---------------------


I hope you enjoyed a little peak into my ideal Thanksgiving table. Don't forget to stop by and see what MK has come up with! And may you all have a very happy Thanksgiving tomorrow!




----------------------------
Thank you, Kate!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting--I love hearing from you!