So many options!

22 August 2012

Bathroom Bonanza, round deux

Get excited people--We are back to talk about business going down in the bathroom! Woohoo!

Everyone has to use the bathroom, right? After the bedroom (and maybe the kitchen?), the bathroom is one of the highest-traffic rooms in your house. I am sure that there is some researcher out there who has done the  work to figure out "how much of his/her life the average person spends in the bathroom."

If you are like me, you might be in the "above average" category for how much time you spend in the bathroom. I am not admitting to having a spastic colon or anything (that would be totally TMI and I am known for my attention to delicate discretion). Rather, I spend time in the bathroom to do what any girl does--getting beautiful. In this regard, the bathroom is kind of like a secondary office for a woman. It is a sacred work space.

Just like I fancy up my primary office at work, I prefer to a pretty space to get my pretty on. Last time I updated you on the bathroom, this is what was going on:


I was quite pleased with these little improvements. That was all well and good, until I stumbled across an awesome, picture-less frame at an antique warehouse.

This is the closest thing to a before picture that I have. Sorry.
It was gold. It had great details. It was super affordable. It made me think of this

{here}
and this
{here}
 And this:
{here}
Okay, just kidding about that last one. At least for now.

Long story short--I think it took me about 57 seconds to decide to buy it. For the first time in my life, the hours I dedicated to Pinterest paid off and I experienced what has been called a "pinspiration."

Within 48 hours, the mirror (which I forgot to take a "before" picture of due to my excitement) was hanging in the bathroom.



Don't you love it? I do. In fact, there might have been some jump-up-and-click-my-heels-love going on after I successfully rigged the mirror to support the frame. (Again, totally forgot pictures of this process. But it was totally easy).

Here are a few close ups:



As you can tell, there are a few dings and cracks. I will get around to touching it up one of these days. For now I am still basking in the afterglow of this upgrade.


1 comment:

Thanks for commenting--I love hearing from you!