So many options!

23 April 2013

Christmas in....April(!)

I took these pictures when I was visiting home for Christmas in December. Since I really didn't decorate my own house since I wasn't going to be there for the blessed holiday, I had ever intention of doing a Christmas-themed house crash post as a way to celebrate the season on the good old blog. Per usual, I procrastinated it long enough to completely forget about doing it.

Last week, I uploaded pictures from my camera (for an unrelated reason) and discovered the long-forgotten Christmas photos. I had a nice laugh at my lazy/forgetful self.

I considered waiting until July to do a "Christmas in July" post. Looking at my track record, the likelihood of my remembering to do that registers around one out of 365. So you are getting the post now. In April. But, it still feels like winter in my part of the country. (We also are in the midst of the Easter season. Another significant celebration in the life of Christ, so maybe I get some points...? Whatever.)


The picture above
and below are from the living room, which is located right off the entry foyer. We feature our family's Nativity Scene / Creche atop the piano for all to see. You'll notice a few Creches through out this tour. Why? Christ's birth is at the center of the Christmas celebration (not Santa and presents, contrary to popular belief!). It's wonderful to have so many reminders of this throughout the house in the form of the many scenes of His birth. In this photo right below, you'll notice that the Baby Jesus is missing. These pictures were taken before Christmas day. Following tradition, and in Advent's spirit of joyful anticipation, we do not put out Baby Jesus until Christmas morning. On Christmas morning, we bring out Baby Jesus and boisterously sing Him "Happy Birthday!" and pray our daily Morning Offering, before any presents are opened.

One of my yearly contributions to the household Christmas decor is the hanging of all the garlands. This garland (on the front stairway) can be tricky to hang, I have yet to master a technique that will work each year.

This next shot, though fuzzy, is looking from the front foyer, past the front stairs and on into the family room (where you can see another garland). There is another Creche on the console table there.


Here we are looking into the family room.

Note the Creche on the coffee table
Family room from another angle, this time featuring our family's gallery wall (hung by yours truly a few years back!).
Sorry for the lack of focus. Clearly I was on vacation when I snapped this. Oh, and there is another Creche on the table beneath the mirror!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting--I love hearing from you!