So many options!

23 May 2013

{pretty, happy, funny, real}

It's moving day!! I'll be back with some updates tomorrow. Until then, here is some {pretty, happy, funny, real} for ya!

With the lovely ladies at Like Mother, Like Daughter

{pretty} 
I went home for Mother's day. I was so happy to see the skyline. Feeling a little nostalgic, I snapped a picture.
The 502


 {happy}

In preparation for my move, I hit up the local Home Depot to buy a some bubble wrap (which should be gloriously fun to play with later on) and a few boxes.
Exhibit A: Moving Schtuffs
Something funny happened while I was there. I realized that I was incredibly excited to be at Home Depot. It is a place of so many possibilities!! I had butterflies in my stomach and a tickle in my chest: I wanted to buy so many things and I wished I had all the time in the world to build stuff. Believe you me, endorphins were abounding in my brain.

The hardware aisle

I don't remember what aisle this is. Looks like nuts-n-bolts, eh?
I have no doubt that I am not the first or only girl in the world, or even the town, to have so much fun at Home Depot. Nevertheless, knowing myself, I couldn't help but laugh at myself. In the end, I only bought what I went there to buy, though I spent about twenty-five minutes longer than I needed to, just roaming around.

{funny}


On my way back from my Mother's Day visit, I pulled off at this gas station. The bathrooms were located outside (as sometimes they are). The doors were locked, so I went looking for a clerk to get the key (who, in my experience, will have said key). Suddenly, I heard a guy call out to me, "What are you looking for, Miss?"  He had a "Swifty" ball cap on. Deducing that he was the manager, I asked him how to get into the bathroom. His response? "Oh, okay. I'm locking up the place because we close early on Sunday. But I don't want anyone doing the pee-pee dance in my parking lot, so I'll let you in." I politely thanked the gentleman, and proceeded to laugh out loud to myself once I was in the bathroom.

NOTE: I was not "pee-pee prancing" in the parking lot!

{real}
Cha-ching
One finds the strangest, happiest, lamest, useless, superfluous things when one does something like move. I found this grotty bag of spare coins in my bedroom. I have yet to count its contents, but my guess is that it's somewhere in the area of $5-8. 

They say that you should give away anything that you haven't missed/worn/used/thought about in 12+ months. I've lived in my present house for almost two years and had no idea I was missing this change. So I guess I should give away this money. Maybe, if I am feeling especially Christian, I'll go to a CoinStar and convert it to cash.

Bonus {real}
I spotted this while driving around this weekend.

Pot-a-potties on the roof. But of course!


round button chicken

2 comments:

  1. Are those port-a-potties on the JACC??? Haha. And I LOVE wandering in Home Depot and Lowe's!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It is the JACC!

      After I posted this I had to make a Lowe's run...yup, same excitement :D

      Delete

Thanks for commenting--I love hearing from you!